1. Men who yell “Hey [insert any of the following]” or whistle or beep their horn while I'm running past them.
· Baby
· Baby cakes
· Sweetheart
· Sugar
· Mama
· Shorty (which is not only offense, but simply ironic)
· Miss Thing
· Pretty lady
Very classy. I get so turned on by men who shout derogatory, chauvinistic names at me. FYI, I’m not running to get your attention. I run to get stronger, so that the day you dare get out of your car, I can kick your butt.
2. People that walk side-by-side on a small sidewalk and won’t budge when they see me running towards them, forcing me to run into a sign post, the street or someone’s yard. (Yeah, I’m talking to you so-young-in-love couple! The world will not end if you stop holding hands for 2 seconds!!!)
3. Also, people that walk in the middle of the sidewalk (even after turning around to see me) forcing me to run into oncoming traffic or the dog poop in someone’s yard.
4. Pittsburgh for not putting up those crosswalk timers I saw in Vegas that let you know how long you have before the light turns red (ok, I’ve seen maybe one here). It would be helpful at those times when both lights are red for an extended period of time, and I’m standing there like an idiot. It’s lots of fun when you’re finishing a long run and don’t want to continue after stopping for what seems like hours.
5. Drivers that hurry to make their turn ahead of me even if I have right-of-way at the intersection or arrived at the stop sign first (especially the one that had the nerve to beep at me!). You’re sitting in the comfort of the air conditioning in your car. I just ran 5 miles in humid, 80 degree weather. Please don’t slow me down. I just want to get home so that I can die in the comfort of my home.
6. Old people that comment on me running around “naked” in my sports bra. It covers more than my bathing suit. Believe me, I’m not trying to be a hussy as the salt builds up on my face and bugs stick to sweat all over my body. I don’t even have boobs. I should technically be allowed to around without a shirt or bra.




1 comment:
You make me laugh. I know what you mean, though, even though I'm not a runner. I love it when I am walking through the neighborhood with a baby stroller and a dog and people zoom by so fast in their cars or walkers refuse to give me a little extra room. So frustrating. I cannot believe men yell at you while running. Stupid.
Post a Comment