I'm about to experience a few milestones in the near future -- my first marathon, my divorce and starting over again after the "fairy tale" ending. Yesterday, I shared with many people that my divorce will be final the day after I return from Chicago. I said that it's apropos that this goal (the marathon) will be complete at the same time as my divorce. I've been using training as a release from this chaos, and it's fitting that they will both be over simultaneously.
There's a point where you've worked and worked and all you can do is sit back and wait. There's no more work to do, the pain is no longer quite as intense... you just sit and wait. I know the emotions will continue long after both events, but at this point, there's almost a numbness. Thanks to everyone that continues to be of great encouragement and support. I don't think you know how important you've been to me. I know that I couldn't have made it this far in either journey without all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment