I ran my first 20 miler this past Sunday, and it felt AWESOME! I got a little cocky around mile 14 and actually had the nerve to think to myself, "Wall? What wall?" Three miles later, I met the wall, and it's one tough mother. It felt like my legs were suddenly tied to lead weights. My sides hurt. I was really thirsty. But I'm proud to say that I persevered and sprinted the last half mile. It was painful. I think both my legs went numb and my toes felt like they had fallen off, but I did it! In about 3 hours! I averaged 9 minute miles, which is faster than I have been running during the week. I guess it's time to step it up!
I tried the energy gummies, and they definitely helped keep me going. As did my iPod shuffle. :) I took an ice bath when I got home, and it really did work miracles. I made sure to stretch lots that afternoon and attended yoga the following day to stretch things out even further. After 20 miles, my 5 mile run last night was a piece of cake! I can feel my legs getting stronger. I feel like I could conquer the world at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You ROCK!
Holy crap, you're my hero! I haven't been following your blog, but just this post... wow, you're an inspiration!
"dancinstarz"
Thanks for the support ladies!
Post a Comment