Cancer took him from his family on August 14, 2008. Through pure chance, all of us were in town and able to offer Leanne our love and comfort on the day of his memorial service. Earlier that day, I had worn a black dress to share in Leanne's grief, and now we had all doned little black dresses to celebrate life. We gathered at Houlihan's, shared stories and tasted each other's mini martinis. We gave Lea a big bottle of Jack, laughed until we cried, hugged to make up for the months apart and joyed in the fact that we could be there for one of us that was hurting.
As I drove home tonight, I realized how lucky I am. When I announced my divorce to these same amazing girls, they all responded within a New York minute. I had an offer for a hug within the hour. The great thing is, I knew she would drop everything because she truly meant it. I also knew if I were at the ledge, the others would hop a plane, a bus, whatever, to be there as well.
Life is unpredictable. The bumps in the road seem to always appear when we least expect them. I'm very fortunate to have friends that can inspire a smile by just a look and make me feel like I can conquer the world, because I know they would support me if I tried. This is the love that we all need in the good and the bad times.
I l
ove you ladies. Cheers to the next four years...




No comments:
Post a Comment