So, a lovely little elf bought me a Garmin Forerunner 305 for Christmas. :) I think I spent the last 3 days reading the manual from beginning to end. Apparently, all the drooling I did over it in Chicago did not go unnoticed! Hehe. It was totally unexpected, and I'm so excited to begin training for Pittsburgh with it! Which brings me to the title of my post...
Holy crap! Pittsburgh's in 18 weeks! For some reason, I thought I'd have 2 more weeks until I needed to start training for the Pittsburgh Marathon. I just printed out the training schedule today, and sure enough, I have to start... TODAY! Aack! Now, my dilemma is whether to go with the Hal Higdon Intermediate I plan that I used for Chicago and served me well, or scale back a bit and use one of the novice programs. I struggled a lot with my knees (ITBS in both legs) before, during and after Chicago, so I've not done much more than stretch, some PT and walking. I don't want to re-injure myself by adding miles too quickly. I only have a few hours to decide, since I need to start after work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment